frequently asked questions
- Who will be tutoring my student? We hire highly successful college students and college graduates who excel in specific subject areas. All of our tutors are assessed to determine their highest competency level that they can tutor.
- Why is there a registration fee? The registration fee covers the pre-assessment necessary to pinpoint your student’s weaker areas. This allows us to make tutoring as meaningful and productive as possible!
- How long do sessions last? Tutoring sessions are one hour. A session can be split for multiple subjects, however there are several factors that guide how tutoring time is allotted. All of this is discussed and planned out during registration.
- What does the registration process look like? You start out by simply contacting us and we will begin to see how we can best fit your student's needs. We will schedule a pre-assessment and registration time with you and your student. While your student is being assessed, we will then go over all of the information you need and form a plan for your student.
- Does my student still need to come to tutoring even if he/she does not have any homework? YES! Not having homework to complete is one of the best times to attend tutoring. These sessions allow the student to catch up on weaker areas and to begin preparing for the next step.
- What is the cancellation policy? Payment is still due whether or not your student attends his/her scheduled session. However, with enough advanced notice we will try our best to reschedule his/her spot that week depending on availability.
- Is Lightbulb Moments open during the holidays? We are closed during all major holiday breaks (Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring Break, etc.). We are OPEN during teacher work days, however, so every time your student's school is off does not necessarily mean Lightbulb Moments will be closed. Please keep in mind we serve several public school districts and private schools. We base our holiday schedule off when the majority of students will be off. We will give you our holiday schedule when you register. Please check our Facebook page for more regular updates regarding holiday schedules.